When it comes to nonprofit fundraising, effectively executing on the many kinds of development efforts needed to achieve financial success is a challenge within itself. From donor acquisition to broad-based renewals to planned giving, each piece of the larger puzzle needs to work together in order to attain the best results possible and change lives for the better.
That’s why we are thrilled to announce a new joint venture with Donor By Design Group LLC, a fundraising consultancy that specializes in helping nonprofit organizations with capital campaign management, major gift coaching and donor research, to name a few. Together, we are looking forward to combining our areas of expertise in order to provide a more comprehensive array of services for the organizations we serve.
Through this partnership, our clients will have access to an extended team of seasoned professionals who bring unique perspectives and decades of fundraising experience to the table. We are excited to come together and provide a full suite of fundraising services to help inspiring nonprofits around the world realize their missions.
If you’re interested in learning more about these new opportunities, please contact our Director of Agency Services Renee Durnin at 314.743.5713 or email@example.com.
If the final Tax Cuts and Jobs Act resembles the bills that have passed through the House and Senate, nonprofits could see one reason for giving — tax benefits — almost disappear.
But that doesn’t mean gifts will go down. There are other, more powerful reasons donors give to your cause, and Gabriel Group fundraising experts recommend that you work on reinforcing those reasons rather than expending all your efforts on reacting to the changes.
Here are some basic steps — always beneficial, but perhaps even more important in these changing times.
- Love your donors, and let them know how you feel. Say thank you sincerely, creatively, early, and often. Tell them what their gifts are accomplishing. Make them the heroes of your ongoing success story. Make their experience as your donor joyful and fulfilling.
- As the old song says, “Accentuate the positive!”* Make sure you know why donors give to you and seize every opportunity to help them continue.
- Focus! Clarify and fine-tune your messaging. Refine your segmentation. Define a donor journey and build a plan that takes donors by the hand and guides them through. Review your plans and processes for opportunities to invest and improve, as well as to cut back.
- Keep learning. Gabriel Group’s Donor Insight Survey is an effective and very cost-effective tool for building knowledge of your valuable planned and major gift prospects. If you haven’t used it before, this would be a good time.
- Treat your donors like the unique individuals they are, not like machines that dispense cash when you push the right buttons. Learn their likes and dislikes and apply the learning. Today’s wide choice of media and advanced segmentation and imaging techniques make this not only doable, but practical as well.
Take these steps, and you will see positive results regardless of new regulations Congress comes up with. Gabriel Group can help you create the plans and get compelling messages to exactly the right people. Contact Dino Megaloudis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.619.1266 for the full story.
*Words by Johnny Mercer, music by Harold Arlen
Gabriel Group is excited to announce the addition of Allan Leonard to its team as Vice President of Marketing Services.
Prior to coming to Gabriel Group, Allan spent 17 years at Swift Print Communications, a full-service print marketing company also located in St. Louis. There, he worked as the company’s National Director of Swift Click Solutions, where he was responsible for managing client relationships and overseeing customer integration of Swift’s web-based asset management platform. Allan has held a variety of positions in the print industry throughout his career, including press operator, customer service representative and production manager.
CEO Dave Hawkins says, “Allan has seen all sides of the print business over the past 25 years, and we’re thrilled to have him as our newest associate here at Gabriel Group.”
He continues, “He knows the ins and outs like the back of his hand and his knowledge will be crucial to our business and extremely beneficial to our clients as well. But more importantly, Allan has a true passion for helping people exceed their goals. At Gabriel Group, that’s why we do what we do – adding Allan to our team will strengthen and support our emphasis on the exceptional customer service we aim to provide every single day.”
Allan attended Missouri State University. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his friends and family, cooking, woodworking and doing almost anything outdoors.