Written by Steve Koch, Vice President, Gaming Solutions
Soon, casinos will reopen and players will be back on the gaming floor. However, the environment around them and the way they interact within it will have changed. Preparing your facility to be safe upon their return will, of course, be vital. Equally important will be providing your players with much-needed information and tools to know you have taken care of them and have their best interests at heart.
No doubt you are currently utilizing social media, and perhaps direct mail or phone calls to stay in contact with your players. Take advantage of your current communication opportunities to let your community know how you are preparing for their return. Note those extra efforts, whether it be rearranging machines for distancing or extra sanitization measures. Assuring your players’ safety will be key to making them feel comfortable and returning often.
An added safety package upon your players’ arrival may be advantageous as well. Consider a welcome packet which may include the following:
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Disposable gloves
- Disinfecting wipes
- Protection Mask
- Perhaps a scarf or mask with your casino’s logo
- A welcome card with vital information regarding casino safety
- First and foremost, a grateful “Thank you”
- Information regarding what has been done to prepare the property in advance
- Cleaning casino floor, preparing restaurants, sanitation of hotel, bathrooms, slot Machines, chips, etc.
- What is currently being done to maintain a clean environment
- Any new rules for distancing and safety
Now is the time to collaborate with others and prepare to move your businesses forward. Share your thoughts, ideas and plans with your peers. Your friends are listening and anxious to share as well!